Friday, August 21, 2026

THE VOICE OF THANKSGIVING THAT BRINGS DELIVERANCE

"THE VOICE OF THANKSGIVING THAT BRINGS DELIVERANCE"

Main Text: Jonah 2:9
"But I will sacrifice to You with the voice of thanksgiving. I will pay what I have vowed. Salvation is of the LORD."

Introduction. 
Jonah did not speak these words from a palace or a synagogue. He prayed them from the belly of a great fish—a place of darkness, isolation, and what seemed like certain death. His circumstances had not yet changed, yet his attitude had. Before God brought him out, Jonah began to praise.

Many people wait until they receive their miracle before they thank God. Jonah thanked God before the miracle happened. Thanksgiving became the key that unlocked his deliverance.

1. Thanksgiving Is a Sacrifice. 

Jonah said, "I will sacrifice to You with the voice of thanksgiving."

A sacrifice costs something. It is easy to praise when the bank account is full, when the body is healthy, and when prayers have been answered. But true thanksgiving rises from a heart that trusts God even in pain.

CF Text: Hebrews 13:15
"Let us continually offer the sacrifice of praise to God."

When your tears become songs, heaven pays attention.

2. Thanksgiving Is Evidence of Faith. 
Jonah was still inside the fish, yet he thanked God as though he had already been delivered.

Faith does not praise because it sees the answer. Faith praises because it knows God is faithful.

Cf Text: 2 Chronicles 20:22
When Judah began to sing and praise, the Lord set ambushes against their enemies. Praise released God's power before the battle was won.

Sometimes your breakthrough begins the moment your complaining ends.

3. A Vow Must Be Honoured. 
Jonah declared, "I will pay what I have vowed."

Many people make promises to God during difficult moments but forget them after receiving blessings.

God values integrity. He expects His children to keep their commitments.

Cf Text: Ecclesiastes 5:4-5

Every vow of service, holiness, obedience, or worship should be fulfilled.

4. Salvation Belongs to the Lord. 
Jonah concluded with a powerful declaration:

"Salvation is of the LORD."

Your education cannot save you.
Your wealth cannot save you.
Your connections cannot save you.

Only God can rescue a person from sin, despair, bondage, and impossible situations.

CF. Text: Psalm 3:8
"Salvation belongs to the LORD."

When God decides to save, no devil can stop Him.

Conclusion
Immediately after Jonah confessed these words, the Lord commanded the fish to release him (Jonah 2:10).

The prison did not open because Jonah complained.
The fish did not release him because he struggled.
Deliverance came after thanksgiving, obedience, and complete surrender to God.

If you are in the "belly of the fish" today—whether it is sickness, debt, disappointment, family trouble, or spiritual dryness—lift your voice in thanksgiving. The God who delivered Jonah is still delivering His people today.

Prayer Points
1. Father, give me a heart that thanks You in every season.
2. Lord, remove every spirit of murmuring and replace it with joyful praise.
3. Father, help me to fulfil every promise I have made to You.
4. Lord, let every impossible situation in my life release me by Your mighty power.
5. I declare that my salvation, victory, healing, and restoration come from the Lord alone.
6. Every "great fish" swallowing my destiny, release me now in the name of Jesus.
7. Father, let my voice of thanksgiving become the key that opens every closed door.
8. Lord, I will praise You before the miracle, because I know You are faithful.

Altar call:
"My thanksgiving will not be silenced. My praise will rise above my problems. The God who delivered Jonah will deliver me. Salvation belongs to the Lord, and my testimony shall glorify His holy name. Amen."

-Kunle Solomon.
Minister.

SheepGate Evangelical Ministry. Join us on our WhatsApp page: https://chat.whatsapp.com/BsioVIQmwKW4jX6n6PcKGm?mode=gi_t 

Or call +2347051874707

Email: sheepgateevangelicalministry@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment