Thursday, March 5, 2026

LOVE AND OBEDIENCE PRODUCES VICTORY

“LOVE AND OBEDIENCE”
Text: John 14:28–31.
You heard me say to you, ‘I am going away, and will come again to you’. If you loved me, you would rejoice, because I said, ‘I go to the Father’. For my Father is greater than I. And now I have told you before it takes place, so that when it takes place, you might believe. I will no longer talk much with you, for the ruler of this world is coming, and he has nothing in me. But that the world may know that I love the Father, I do just as the Father commanded me. Arise, let us leave here”.
John 14:28-31

Love Rejoices in God’s Plan
(v.28). The plan of God is for you to fulfil your destiny. But this is only achievable in you cooperating and rejoicing in His plan. Many thwarted God's plan by disobedience.

Prophecy Strengthens Faith
(v.29).
Jesus Christ prophesies to His believers what they are to expect after His departure to strengthens their faith. Although, today many have been deceived by fake prophecies, because people have an itching ears: fake prophecy is what they wanted to hear.

Obedience Defeats the Enemy
(v.30–31). The only weapon to defeat the enemies is obedience to God's Word. Just like an earthly father instructing his child, if the child obeys, he would avoid danger.
-Philippians 2:8, Hebrews 5:8

A soldier obeys commands even when he does not understand the strategy his commander had in mind. 

Victory depends on obedience. Can you too says the ruler of this world had searched me and found nothing in you? You and I have to search ourselves before we answer this question.

Obedience today secures victory tomorrow.

John 14 teaches us:
*Troubled hearts can trust in God.
*Heaven is prepared for the prepared people.
*Jesus is the only way to Heaven.
*The Spirit is present with only the faithful believers.
*Peace is available for the children of God.
*Your Obedience proves your love for God.

No matter the uncertainty in the world, in your family, in your ministry — the words still echo: “Let not your heart be troubled.”

-Kunle Rennaiye

SheepGate evangelical Ministry. Join us on our WhatsApp page: https://chat.whatsapp.com/BsioVIQmwKW4jX6n6PcKGm?mode=gi_t 

Or call +2347051874707
Email: sheepgateevangelicalministry@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment