Text: John 14:25–27.
These things I have spoken to you, being still present with you. But the Comforter, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, will teach you all things, and will cause you to remember everything I have said to you.
“Peace I leave with you, my peace I give to you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your heart be troubled, do not let it be afraid.”-John 14:25-27
✓Peace I leave with you…”
In the world today peace is missing. What we hear today is wars, insurgencies, killings, terrorist and all social vices. But the peace of God is with and in believers as promised by the Lord Jesus.
✓Not Political Peace. Political peace is when two countries sign a pact of peace or when politicians is contesting a political position and the peace and reconciliation team/committee asked those involved in the political positions to sign a pact not to forment trouble even when they lost election. But the peace our Lord Jesus Christ is promising us here is more than that. Internal peace, eternal and spiritual peace.
✓Not Financial Peace.
Many are in bankruptcy because of mismanagement or economic crisis. But Jesus promises is not that. Anyone with this peace will not be in any financial crisis.
✓But Spiritual Peace.
The only person that can give spiritual peace is our Lord Jesus Christ. Spiritual controls the physical. What He had promised is the gift of Holy Spirit who will remind us of what we had read or learnt. Spiritual peace is what you need.
"Be anxious about nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving make your requests known to God. And the peace of God, which passes all understanding, will keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.
-(Philippians 4:6–7)
*A ship may be rocked sideways by waves, but the compass remains steady.
God’s peace is an inward compass.
Peace is not the absence of storms; it is the presence of Christ. Is Christ in the midst of your life? Do have internal peace? Why can't you invite the Prince of Peace to come into you life. The time is now.
God bless you.
-Kunle Rennaiye
SheepGate evangelical Ministry. Join us on our WhatsApp page: https://chat.whatsapp.com/BsioVIQmwKW4jX6n6PcKGm?mode=gi_t
Or call +2347051874707
Email: sheepgateevangelicalministry@gmail.com
No comments:
Post a Comment