Text: Philippians 3:8-10
Yes, indeed, and I count all things as loss for the excellence of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord, for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and count them as rubbish, that I may gain Christ, and be found in him, not having my own righteousness, which is of the Law, but that which is through faith in Christ, the righteousness which comes from God by faith; that I may know him, and the power of his resurrection, and the fellowship of his sufferings, being conformed to his death;
Philippians 3:8-10
The apostle Paul had status, education, influence, and religious reputation, yet he declared, “I count all things as loss for the excellence of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord.” Paul discovered that nothing in this world compares to knowing Jesus.
Many people spend their lives chasing money, fame, pleasure, and recognition, only to discover that the heart still remains empty. Material things can comfort the body, but only Christ can satisfy the soul. Paul counted everything else as rubbish because he had encountered something infinitely greater — the saving grace and presence of Jesus Christ.
Paul also desired more than blessings; he wanted intimacy with Christ. He said, “That I may know Him, and the power of His resurrection, and the fellowship of His sufferings.” True Christianity is not merely knowing about Jesus; it is walking with Him, trusting Him in pain, and experiencing His power in everyday life.
Illustration
A wealthy businessman once spent his entire life building companies and acquiring properties. Near the end of his life, he sat alone in a hospital room surrounded by machines. Tears rolled down his face as he whispered, “I gained everything I wanted, but I lost the things that mattered most.”
At that same hospital was an old believer with very little money, but great peace in her heart. She held her Bible close and softly sang hymns about Jesus. One man had possessions without peace; the other had Christ and possessed everything.
When life reaches its final chapter, only one thing will truly matter — whether we have gained Christ.
Conclusion
The world offers temporary treasures, but Jesus offers eternal life. Fame fades, wealth disappears, and earthly achievements pass away, but a relationship with Christ remains forever. To know Jesus is the greatest privilege and the greatest gain.
Altar Call
Today, Jesus is calling you to surrender everything that stands between you and Him. Perhaps you have been pursuing worldly success while neglecting your soul. Perhaps you know religion, but you do not truly know Christ personally.
Come to Jesus today. Lay your pride, sin, and self-righteousness at His feet. Choose Christ above all else, and you will discover the peace and joy your heart has been searching for.
Prayer
Heavenly Father,
Help me to value Christ above everything in this world. Remove every distraction and every idol from my heart. Teach me to know Jesus more deeply and to walk by faith in Him alone. Let the power of His resurrection transform my life daily. Strengthen me to follow Christ through both joy and suffering until I stand complete in Him. In Jesus’ name, Amen.
-Kunle Solomon
Ministering
SheepGate evangelical Ministry. Join us on our WhatsApp page: https://chat.whatsapp.com/BsioVIQmwKW4jX6n6PcKGm?mode=gi_t
Or call +2347051874707
Email: sheepgateevangelicalministry@gmail.com
No comments:
Post a Comment