Text: "And the LORD appeared to him and said, “Do not go down to Egypt. Stay in the land which I will tell you about. Stay in this land for a time, and I will be with you, and will bless you. For to you and to your offspring I will give all these lands, and I will confirm the oath which I swore to Abraham your father, and I will make your offspring to increase in number like the stars of heaven, and will give all these lands to your offspring, and in your offspring all the nations of the earth will be blessed,”
Genesis 26:2-4
INTRODUCTION:
The background of this passage is a season of famine in the land. Isaac, like his father Abraham, faced a severe shortage and naturally thought of going down to Egypt—the place known for abundance and survival. But God appeared to him and gave a surprising instruction: “Do not go down to Egypt. Stay in the land which I will tell you about.”
This teaches us that the best place to be is not always the place that looks most comfortable, but the place where God has commanded us to remain. Human wisdom seeks an escape route, but divine wisdom seeks obedience.
1. God’s Presence is more Valuable than a better Environment
God said, “Stay in this land for a time, and I will be with you and bless you.” The land was experiencing famine, yet God promised His presence and blessing there. A difficult place with God is better than a prosperous place without Him.
Many believers abandon God’s assignment because of temporary hardship, forgetting that God can make a desert become a garden.
2. God’s promise survives difficult Seasons
God reminded Isaac of the covenant He made with Abraham. The famine did not cancel God’s promise. The circumstances changed, but God’s word remained the same.
Your present challenges are not proof that God has forgotten you. Sometimes, God allows a trial so that His faithfulness can be revealed more clearly.
3. Obedience Opens the Door to Divine Multiplication.
God promised Isaac descendants as numerous as the stars and a blessing that would reach all nations. The fulfillment of great promises often begins with simple obedience.
Isaac had to trust God enough to stay before he could experience God’s increase.
Conclusion
Whenever life becomes difficult, the temptation is to run to our own “Egypt”—a place of human solutions and temporary security. But God calls His children to trust His voice above their circumstances.
The God who says “stay” is also the God who says “I will be with you and bless you.” Therefore, do not let famine make you abandon your divine location. Where God guides, He provides; where He sends, He sustains.
Prayer:
Father, give us the grace to trust Your word above our circumstances. Help us to remain where You have planted us and to wait patiently for the fulfillment of Your promises. Let Your presence and blessing be evident in every season of our lives, through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.
— Kunle Solomon
Minister
SheepGate Evangelical Ministry.
Join us on our WhatsApp page: [SheepGate WhatsApp Group) https://chat.whatsapp.com/BsioVIQmwKW4jX6n6PcKGm?mode=gi_t
Or call: +2347051874707
Email: sheepgateevangelicalministry@gmail.com
No comments:
Post a Comment